CASTLE Bruck "... worthy of a prince "- that characterized the Tyrolean topographer Beda Weber Bruck Castle, the former residence of the Counts of Gorizia in his work." That Tyrol A Handbook for Travellers "(1838). The monumental castle, since 1942 owned by the town of Lienz, East Tyrol is one of the main sights and now houses the Museum of Lienz with the most extensive collection of works of the painter Albin Egger-Lienz, East Tyrol. On three sides by relatively steep, the Schlossberg upstream crest Bruck Castle was built by the Counts of Gorizia 1252-1277 as a residence castle. Bruck Castle documented as "apud Pruck Lünz" (Bruck near Lienz) is first mentioned on 10 August 1277th In the original components of Bruck Castle is evidence of Roman art have received a Biforienfenster with center column and bud capital in the keep, the painting of the ceiling beams with stylized leaf shapes and rosettes in the "Knight's Hall" and depictions of saints in the soffit of a (bricked) window in the chapel . Than 1500, the last Gorizia, Earl Leonard, died childless, the Bruck Castle King Maximilian I, the future emperor fell by inheritance contract. After one year gave Maximilian the domain of Lienz including the castle for 22,000 florins on "eternal return" solution to Baron Michael von Wolkenstein Rodenegg., The local town fire in 1609 contributed significantly to the economic decline of the family, which ended in 1642 in a bankruptcy. The transfer of the domain of Lienz and the Bruck Castle hence Tyrolean Archduke Ferdinand Karl was the result. The ladies of Haller took over in 1653 the castle, which was the seat of justice in the sequence. A sensational trial was conducted in the interrogation room at Schloss Bruck in the years 1679/80 against the "witch" Emerentia (na) Pichler (in). During the "embarrassing questioning" under torture "confessed" Emerentiana numerous offenses which the death sentence be moved to. This was against the "witch" and two of their children on 25 and 27 September 1680 enforced on the Galgentratte east of Lienz. After the abolition of Haller ladies pen 1783 by Emperor Joseph Schloss Bruck served as the imperial military field hospital, as well as barracks. From 1827, the castle is privately owned freight forwarding office, brewery and guest operating until the last private owner Ottilie Roeck was the Bruck Castle in the years 1911-1913 a total restoration on the basis of Bavarian castles like Neuschwanstein zuführte. Mitzi adopted by her (Mary) Kramer sold the Bruck Castle in 1942. New chatelaine was the town of Lienz, and it has remained so to this day. This is the preliminary culmination in the eventful history of many mistresses and masters and heralds a new era on a Bruck Castle: The former ducal castle became a museum.
CASTLE Bruck Museum of Lienz Schlossberg 1, 9900 Lienz Austria Phone: +43 (0) 4852 62580 Fax: +43 (0) 4852 62580-4 email: email@example.com